Business Development Department of Japan Coal Energy Center (JCOAL) is pleased to announce today the final results of the tender on Support and Facilitation Work for Japan-India Cooperation for Project on Efficiency and Environmental Improvement for Sustainable, Stable and Low-carbon Electricity, offer of which was made from July 4 to 25, 2016.
Shown below is the first ranked company, with which JCOAL will enter into contract negotiations, followed by a set of activities required for attaining the objective of the commissioned work under the bilateral cooperation:
Company name: STEAG Energy Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Address: A-29, Sector 16, Noida-201301 INDIA
We appreciate interest and enthusiasm of each and every stakeholder in participating in the bidding.
Business Development Department
Japan Coal Energy Center (JCOAL)
Title: Support and Facilitation Work for Japan-India Cooperation for Project on Efficiency and Environmental Improvement for Sustainable, Stable and Low-carbon Supply of Electricity
1. Japan Coal Energy Center (JCOAL) has been engaging in Japan-India Cooperation for Project on Efficiency and Environmental Improvement for Sustainable, Stable and Low-carbon Supply of Electricity (hereinafter referred to as "CEA-JCOAL Cooperation" or "the Cooperation"), in close cooperation with Central Electricity Authority (CEA) of India. The Cooperation saw a steady development through diagnostic activities at power stations and knowledge-sharing activities through workshops, meetings and observation and meeting program in Japan. JCOAL intends to employ a consultant to provide supporting services for the Project.
2. The cost of the consulting services will be financed by JCOAL out of the proceeds of the budget extended for the Cooperation by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), and the consultant to be employed will be selected in accordance with JCOAL's guidelines for the employment of the consultants.
3. The RFP includes the following documents:
a. Request for Proposal (This document)
b. Instructions to Consultants (including Data Sheet)
c. Technical Proposal-Sample Forms
d. Financial Proposal-Sample Form
e. Terms of Reference (TOR)
f. Sample Form of Contract
4. You may undertake the work in association with other consultants (not necessarily selected from among the other consultants invited to present proposals), provided that your firm as the consultant shall execute a major portion of the services. In such a case, the proposal shall state clearly whether the partners in the association will be "jointly and severely" responsible for performance under the consulting services contract, or whether one of the partners will be "solely" responsible, and it shall state which partner will be acting on behalf of the association in all its relations and communications with the JCOAL.
5. Your technical and financial proposals respectively shall cover in detail the following:
a. General information that clearly indicate that your firm is financially and socially credible, such as published financial statements and annual reports as attached to the technical proposal.
b. The background and experience of your firm and associated firms if any, including a list of past and present work of a nature similar to this project.
c. The general approach and methodology which you propose for carrying out the services covered in the TOR, including such detailed information as you deem relevant, together with:
-A detailed overall work program and a bar chart indicating the duration and the timing of the assignment of each expert or other member assigned to the Project:
-Your estimate of the total number of man-months required; and
-A clear description of the responsibilities of each expert within the overall work program.
d. The name, background and professional experience of each expert to be assigned to the Project, with particular reference to the experience of work of a nature similar to that of the proposed assignment. You are requested to cover at least the points specifically mentioned in the TOR and in this document.
a. The proposed amount of the cost you deem to be required to fulfill the mission of the consultant clarified in the TOR.
6. You are kindly requested to e-mail your technical proposal and financial proposal separated into two (2) electronic files to JCOAL at the following e-mail addresses no later than July 25, 2016. Please note that the submission will be closed at 4:30 pm Japan time, i.e. 1:00 pm India time on the deadline date.
7. As soon as all technical proposals have been evaluated, the technical proposals by the firms that have passed the mark will be open. After the comprehensive evaluation has been completed, a consultant who has submitted the first-ranked proposal will be invited to discuss the financial and other terms of a contract.
8. Should you like to have additional information, we will do our best to provide it. Requests for additional information, or any delay in complying with such requests, shall not, however, in any way affect the obligation of firms invited to send complete proposals by the designated deadline.
Bid acceptance period: 4th July to 25th July. 2016